Mane News

Passion For Coding?

Photo: Emma Duan

Photo: Emma Duan

Danan Mbozi, Staff Writer

When I was a kid, I didn’t have the resources to be able to learn how to code. It was a time before websites like code.org and events like our coding week, all of which could teach you the basics. It wasn’t until I was older that I was able to go to coding camps. I learned basic game design on programs like GameSalad that allowed me to bring my ideas into the real world in a way that I couldn’t with any other art form. I had so much fun that I knew I wanted to do it for a long time. I kept going to camps whenever I could and loved every minute of it. I continued on this path when I got into high school and began to learn real programming languages like Java and C# that I now use to create games. I also teach third and fourth grade kids the basics of game design in the spring. Whether you are a ninth grader or a twelfth grader, act on your passions, age is never a barrier. If you have an idea for a game that you want to create, find someone to help you. If you are passionate about games, there are summer camps and people all around you who would be more than willing to help you. And if you are passionate about programming and game design like me, I am looking for people to help me teach a group of fourth graders how to use GameSalad. No experience would be required, and all training will be provided during the winter. If you are a junior or younger, I would especially like you to show interest as it is a great way to get your service hours and I am looking for someone to take over the club after I graduate.

• Passion For Coding?

Student Life

Welcome to the International House

• Passion For Coding?

Opinion

Senior Life

• Passion For Coding?

Opinion

Why “Fake News” Isn’t Cutting It

• Passion For Coding?

Opinion

Reflection on Trip to the National Museum of African American History and Culture Museum

• Passion For Coding?

Comic Relief

Introvert Adventures

• Passion For Coding?

Photography

Lion’s In Action!

• Passion For Coding?

Student Life

What Does It Means To Be On A Sports Team?

• Passion For Coding?

Student Life

Calling All Creative Minds

• Passion For Coding?

Photography

Fall 2017 Performing Arts Assembly

• Passion For Coding?

Student Life

Diagramming the Student Brain

The student news site of Saint Andrew's Episcopal School in Potomac, Maryland