The student news site of Saint Andrew's Episcopal School in Potomac, Maryland

Mane News

Farewell Dr. Weber!

Andrew Fullerton

Andrew Fullerton

Peter Schwartz, Staff Writer

After teaching at St. Andrews for 21 years, Dr. Weber has decided to retire. Over her time at St. Andrews, Dr. Weber has taught many history classes.  This includes Church History, US History up to 1877, Modern European History, 11th grade US History, AP Art History, and US/European History up to 1820.  Dr. Weber has taught all of these classes extremely well.  She makes sure that students know and understand the material and she teaches well to visual, auditory and kinesthetic learners.  Through PowerPoints, informative and enjoyable lessons, and individual and group projects, Dr. Weber makes sure that all students have the opportunity to excel in her classes.  She does this so well because it is very important to her and she gets satisfaction from knowing that she taught a good lesson.

Dr. Weber also has the ability to make her classes interesting and fun.  This happens as a result of her energy, kindness, and because of how important it is to her that students enjoy her class.  From singing songs to memorizing the preamble of the constitution to her obsession with wolverines, there is never a dull moment in her classes.  Dr. Weber has enjoyed her time teaching at St. Andrews, and she has spent over half of her career here.  She says that she continues to come back because St. Andrew’s feels right to her and she views the community as family.  Dr. Weber loves the day to day routine at St. Andrews, as well as the Gettysburg field trip, the groundbreaking ceremonies for the student center and main school building, and all school celebrations.  She has also enjoyed seeing a generation of students come back to St. Andrews as teachers.  Dr. Weber has given so much to the St. Andrews community for 21 years, and she will be missed tremendously.

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

News

Moving Up The Stairway To Graduation

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

News

Stress, And How To Beat It!

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

News

Basketball Champions! An Interview With Coach Jones

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

News

Model U.N.–Our Trip to Chicago

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

News

Cafeteria Trays, Ciao!

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

Student Life

Danan’s Spring Break

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

Comic Relief

Parts Of A Suitcase

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

Clubs

The Social Investment Club: A New Take on Student-Run Giving

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

Sports

AFC North Predictions For The 2017-18 Season

• Farewell Dr. Weber!

Student Writes

The Land Of The Free